Monday, April 15, 2013

Bunion and Hammertoe recovery days 4 - 10

Monday Day 4 - Sunday Day 10

Bandages were changed on day 4 and there was almost no swelling.  I started my 2 a day gym workouts.  My daily workout plan is to row 1/2hr, bike 7.5 miles in the a.m. and lift weights for 1/2 hr and biking 7.5 miles in the p.m., splitting my bike time to give my foot some rest.  Additionally I tried to walk the dogs at least a mile a day, weather permitting.


Day 8 almost no swelling

2nd bandage change day 8

Throughout the week, I felt stronger and had absolutely no pain, even after a 2 hour dog walk.

Although I spent almost all my training indoors, I was able to exceed my 1st week's goals:

Stationary Bike: 105 miles
Rowing: 14.56 miles
Dog walk: 2.25 miles
Wt liftng: 2.75 hrs
Total duration: 17 hours
Total miles: 127.10

Next week, I will increase my bike to 2 hours a day.  My stitches are removed on day 14 - Thursday.

Calorically, I am using MyFitnessPal app to manage my calories and exercise so I can try to lose 10 lbs during these 8 weeks and also maintain my exercise so I don't lose too much of my endurance base. My next race is in San Francisco for my 2nd half on June16.  I hope to be able to pickup my training without much of a loss so I can work towards Half Moon Bay Marathon on Sep 29 and SOMA 70.3 Oct 20.  So far my average calorie intake this week has been about 1350 a day.  I plan to weigh myself after the stitches are removed. Hoping for good news!

No comments:

Post a Comment